Solutions Engineers at Pipl are deeply experienced in leading technical pre-sales engagements with Fortune 5000 / Global 2000 enterprise customers. As key members of the sales team, Solutions Engineers wear a variety of ‘hats’, from high level product demos, to deeply technical API integrations. Solutions Engineers (SEs) are responsible for ensuring that each customer receives maximum value from Pipl technology. In conjunction with sales, this begins with leading each customer through evaluation, testing and integration of Pipl API and continues with post sales support that is focused on helping customers maximize value.
The Solutions Engineer must be able to quickly understand customer requirements, data usage models, and work with them to ensure a successful implementation. At times the SE will need to code or write simple scripts to enable the implementation and is responsible for creating customer facing documentation/presentations/code samples. The SE also represents the customer for new features and/or products to the Product Managers.
This is a hands on, highly interactive position where you will work closely with Sales, Product Managers, Engineering, and our Data Science & Acquisition teams as you engage with the customer. Travel is required (up to 20%).
The gist of it:
- Work with sales and the customer to define a well thought out POC;
- Support the technical part of the sale, and engage with technical staff from companies in various industries worldwide;
- Lead the customer through the evaluation, testing, and integration of Pipl technology;
- Successfully onboard each customer reducing time to adoption;
- Monitor and perform analysis on customer analytics to fully understand their data usage patterns;
- Identify opportunities for customer’s to more fully utilize Pipl technology;
- Promptly resolve customer issues and work in a proactive manner to avoid them;
- Helping to build efficient company processes for a rapidly growing team;
- Identify best practices and create useful customer facing documentation;
- Be the voice of the customer;
- Perform administrative functions related to customer onboarding, monitoring and maintenance;
- Investigation of customer issues, incidents;
- Assisting from time to time with QA of new product features.
- 3-5+ years of SE experience in a customer-facing role
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably Computer Science, Math, IT or Information Systems);
- A thorough understand of APIs;
- Keen eye for debugging for helping diagnose/solve technical issues;
- Understand and have worked with data, including concepts such as data analysis, cleansing and normalization;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey complex technical concepts;
- Ability to read and/or code in Java, Python, C Sharp, Ruby, or PHP;
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills with the ability to think “outside the box”;
- Ability to work in cloud environment, operate linux;
- Can maintain diplomacy, tact & poise while under pressure & working through customer issues.
Advantageous skills include:
- Experience in Data Science with a focus on Machine Learning;
- A keen eye for UX with skills to provide useful suggestions for improving products;
- Knowledge of working with databases & writing SQL queries;
- Experience working with big data.
- Highly organized self-starter with a strong sense of responsibility and initiative;
- A motivational person who can inspire their customer;
- Someone who can find something to smile about in any situation.
We are Pipl, the largest people-data-company in the world. Our search engine allows anyone to easily find people-information worldwide. We organize online identities to offer sophisticated search capabilities to help companies perform business-critical identity verification processes quickly and effectively.
Founded in 2005, we take pride in our hard-earned profitability, still, we don’t assume we have all the answers. We embrace change, challenge the status quo & make big bold leaps. We encourage radical thinking while being meticulously data-minded, and never forgetting who we ultimately answer to: People.
Pipl is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.